Read below to find out more about Alec's experience of being a Consultant at Ricardo.
I’ve been with Ricardo Energy & Environment for 3 years as part of the Combined Heat & Power and Heat teams. My work in this area has utilised my engineering background by requiring technical knowledge in renewable heating technologies and combined heat and power. It has provided me with many chances to go on site, see the technologies in application and understand their impact. The nature of consulting presents the opportunity of continuous learning as every project you work on was different from the last.
I’ve been involved in projects across the business that have included:
- Working with international development organisations to further the electricity sector in African developing countries
- Leading on regulation compliance for clients in the private sector
- Seconding to the UK government and providing input to published statistics
- Project managing a renewable energy strategy for a UK airport
- Hosting emission accounting meetings with Anaerobic Digestion industry stakeholders
My time at Ricardo began with the Young Professionals programme which trained me in key areas in consulting and allowed me to build a network with other young professionals from across the business. I have since completed the programme and am now partaking in the various training sessions provided internally to Ricardo employees to develop myself further.