We encourage our people to grow, learn and stretch their abilities
- Do you attach a strong sense of meaning to your work and get a sense of accomplishment from contributing to success?
- Are you passionate about using your creative skills to think about how things can be done differently?
- Does being open to new possibilities to help improve the way things are done appeal to you?
If you are seeking the flexibility to take on new challenges throughout your career and to accumulate expertise in areas that inspire you and make a difference, look no further.
Our people are individuals – with individual backgrounds, skill sets and aspirations – and they work as a team to support, develop and draw out the best in one another
Personal learning and development planning enables you to take charge of your own learning. Learning is a proactive process, designed and prioritised to support immediate development needs as well as longer term ambitions.
As part of your appraisal and in discussion with your line manager we expect you to agree your own personal Learning & Development plan which enables you to identify key areas of learning and development activity that will enable you to either acquire new or develop existing skills and behavioural attributes for the following purposes:
- enhance performance in your current role
- address anticipated changes in your current role
- address career aspirations towards a future role
We encourage active career management and progression and recognise that it is an important part of the ongoing development for the individual and for our company. We encourage our team members to plan, with their HR Managers, how they wish their careers to progress and the steps needed to develop and demonstrate their capability.
Ricardo hosts a bespoke online Learning and Development System named R-Learn, which all employees have access to. R-Learn provides a robust platform for managing and recording all of our learning and development activities in a single system – and not a paper form in sight.
R-Learn enables us to:
- view the course catalogue and create training goals;
- book onto courses and other learning events;
- access learning material;
- record personal learning activities;
- complete pre-course preparation and post event activities